Friday, April 11, 2014

Counting My Blessings


There are so many things wrong with the above graphic its hard to know what to complain about first. Yes, a positive attitude makes for a happier life. I get that. This doesn't mean, however, that we should ignore being price-gorged by the oil companies, let our family trash the house, or smile when our boss treats us like dirt. Mr Dave Willis' prose has the same effect on my central nervous system as finger nails dragged across a chalk board. I don't think this type of wisdom is especially wise or especially productive.

I don't have a job. I don't have a car. I don't have a house. I have anger. I have frustration. I have a bad heart. I don't feel especially blessed. There are plenty of people that are worse off than myself and, also, plenty of people who are better off than myself. Neither of these facts affect my own situation in the tiniest way. My life is horrible and I really don't see it getting better anytime soon. I appreciate the input, but believe me, being told to count my blessings isn't helpful. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. For most of us, bitching is an enjoyable pastime; for some, it has been elevated to the status of art-form. I complain like Picasso painted; with style and originality.

    ReplyDelete